Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Long Time Ago...

Not so long ago a friend of mine asked me if I knew of any good rules that could be used with the Star Wars miniatures put out by Wizards of the Coast. There's nothing wrong with the official rules per se but they play more like a boardgame than a wargame. Again, there's nothing wrong with that either: I love Bloodbowl and that's a boardgame no matter how you try to dress it up.

Well at the time I mentioned that Two Hour Wargames have 5150 and their free rules Chain Reaction either of which could do the job if he was willing to put in a little time converting stats and attributes.

More recently however I'm thinking that something like Troops, Weapons and Tactics could work just as equally well. The stats don't even really have to be changed that much, a rifle becomes a blaster an e-web blaster is an MG42 and so on. Jedi and Sith become "Big Men" and it shouldn't be too hard to make up some rules for Jedi powers.

Not that I need another project on the go right now but I think this could be a quick one to get on the table. The minis are for the most part painted to a table ready level, a bit of work on the bases and they're done. throw down some 28mm terrain and we're away.

This could be the start of something quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment