Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Look! Up in the Sky...

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?  No it's Johnny Danger's Bogeys!


Each pack comes with 10 each of red and blue and have "Bag the Hun" etched into the surface.  They're 22mm from side to side (just a little over 3/4") and are made from rigid transparent plastic about 2mm thick.


When I bought these I had planned to use the old white crayon trick to fill in the words on each of the tokens, so I was a little dissapointed when I found the etching on these is too shallow. I would change my on this later though.

So how do they compare in size to a flight stand?  Well I knew you'd ask that so I took some pictures to show you.


Yeah but how do they look on a game mat?  I knew you'd ask that too so here another pic.  It was when I was taking this photo that I noticed  how the text on the token wasn't distracting at all and that it would have been if I was able to fill it in with wax crayon.  My only complain, and it is a minor one, is that it's difficult to determine the facing of the bogey when it's on the mat.  This will be remedied easily enough by painting one of the edges white.


So how do they look in your dice and token case?  Well ok so you wouldn't really ask that question but I did want to show you that they don't require much space to store.  One thing I should mention is that it wasn't until after I had ripped open both packets (I was excited ok) that I realised they came in perfectly sized reusable ziplock bags.


So there you have it, Johnny Danger's Bogeys for Bag the Hun.  I wouldn't say that these are a required purchase purchase for the game but they are pretty spiffy and the extra thickness of them does make it easier to handle them than the 'tiddlywink' type tokens I have been using.  And you can never have too many tokens. 

Or dice...   

Or miniatures...

1 comment: