Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This is Not Your Father's Incursion

Damn you Tas... Damn you to Heck!

I almost bought this:

Which would have inevitably led me to buying lots of these:
 

But I didn't... haven't... yet.  Well let me explain.  I would have bought the game except for two things:

  1. Firstly money, the game + miniatures = lots of money.  AND MY WIFE WOULD NOT APPROVE.
  2. Secondly you can download the game for free... legally I might add.  Grindhouse Games have found it in their hearts to offer a print and play version of the game available here.

"Meh" I initially thought, too much effort it won't look as good as the shop bought version.  Then I saw these (on Boardgame Geek):
 
 
 

Ok... now I'm interested.  Methinks to myself "I can make that... and better to boot!"

So now the plan is as follows (in no particular order):
  1. To make a board and the components.
  2. Buy the miniatures (shhh do NOT tell my wife about this bit)
  3. Play the game.
Parts one and three should be pretty easy... part two has me worried.

P.S.
Tas: I didn't really mean what I said before.  Admittedly you are a bad influence but your blog still rocks.

3 comments:

  1. I must admit I have looked at it as well... Good luck with Part 2 of the plan..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont know the power of the dark side....or maybe you do!! Cant wait to see what you come up with. I'm planning a 3D board in due course too :-)

    ReplyDelete