Saturday, July 17, 2010

Holy Skirmish Rules, Batman

I recently picked up a copy of Super System 3rd Edition and wow what a great set of rules.  I won’t go into too much detail about them until I’ve played a few more games but I will say that if you’re looking for a deeper set of rules for your Hero Clix minis then you simply can’t go past these.

The core game mechanics are simple but still have a lot of flexibility.  Most dice rolls are opposed and you tend to roll a lot of dice with plenty of rerolls.  Characters don’t tend to die often either, they may get weakened or hurt but they’re be back next episode.

Best of all the character creation rules are deep enough to create any character you can think of, or in my case you can easily recreate your favourite comic book heroes.  Better still is that someone has already done a lot of that work for you here.  One nice touch is the section on adding non combat related skills to your characters to add an RPG element to the game.

I’ve created a few hero cards for the game, mainly because I like pretty cards but also to help my kids get a grip on the system with colour coded stats.

S3-BatmanCards01 S3-BatmanCards02 S3-BatmanCards03 S3-BatmanCards04

Here’s a link to a PDF version of the cards above.  Just print, fold and put them into a card sleeve or laminate them like I have.

I’m very keen to get a few games going with the kids so I’ll post some reports up when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment