Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Distractions

I should be painting... I know. And I was... when these guys turned up in the mail a couple days ago.

I did resist the temptation to start painting these guys. I was getting a little tired of painting Orcs but what was I going to achieve by switching over to Goblins? A different shade of green?

Well it appears it was enough... for a while. I got as far as undercoating and base coats of flesh when, I don't know why, but I started to paint these guys.

They're Impact Imps and I've had them for quite a while now. I really can't use them for BloadBowl quote yet as I don't have any Ogres to go with them. I had originally bought them to use as Goblins but I didn't really read the description on the website very well. I was both shocked an amused when the envelope they were shipped in turned up. I think a photo can explain it better than I can.

Ok so upon finishing the Imps you think I'd go back to the Goblins, or maybe even what I should be painting: the Orcs.

No of course not... I headed out into the shed with my powertools and some MDF and ended up with this:

Which when painted and flocked looks something like this:

I'm getting things done... but I need to stay more focused. Which may be difficult as two boxes of WW2 minis arrived the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment