Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One of these things is not like the others...

Most nights I get to sit down at the painting table around 9:00pm. Usually during this time I do more of the mundane aspects of painting, undercoats, basecoats and basing. I can usually just switch in to assembly line mode and god for it. Last night while I was working on my WW2 British my oldest son walked up to me and asked my why one of the miniatures was different from the others. I stopped painting and looked down and said something like "oh it's just because he's not painted yet" and then continued painting.

"No his helmet is different, is he from a different army?"

I looked again and only then could I see the difference.

Remember to click on the images for a bigger version.


Somehow this guy had decided to jump into my order from Black Tree, obviously a new form of reconnaissance. Why I never picked up on this before amazes me, after all I trimmed off the flash, based it, undercoated and painted the flesh, and I never noticed.

What this does mean is that I'm now one man down in my platoon, oh well just another reason to order some more :) And since I've already got one Fallshirmjager I'll have to get the rest of his squad, a platoon even.


It's been a learning experience in so many ways painting these guys. Working out new paints and a new paint scheme has slowed things down considerably, and at the pace I paint things are now at a crawl. Below is a shot of the colour scheme I've settled on. A lot of the colours are just blocked in right now with little or no shading/highlights. There is the temptation to put a lot of detail into these guys but there's a lot of them to paint.


I'll get some more shots up as soon as I have his section done.

No comments:

Post a Comment