Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tiger I - Part 1

With my last order to Black Tree I figured my Germans were starting to get both outnumbered and outgunned. This wouldn't do, so I picked up a little something that should even things out somewhat. It should also give the Piats something to fire at :)


It's been a while since I've built anything above 1/72 scale and I'm simply amazed at the detail on this. The metal plates have weld joins and the surfaces have a nice pitted look. The steel cables actually have the rope pattern on them, simply amazing. The kit even comes with screws to fit the wheels so they can turn.


I just hope I can give this the justice it deserves in construction and paint job. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I procrastinated over which scale to use with my 28mm. Turning to Google to give me the answer only confused me more. It seems no two people can agree on what scale is technically correct and also looks good on the table. In the end I figured I had either 1/48 or 1/56 to choose from. I eventually went with 1/48 as I personally would prefer my tanks to look a little too big than a little too small.

Now if I'd only remembered to pick up some glue...

No comments:

Post a Comment