Saturday, May 23, 2009

BF109Es Take Two

I wasn't really happy with how the Messerchmitts came out, the colour scheme looked good and everything but they just didn't look quite right. They needed to be more grey-er, grey-ish... ahh I decided to give the dappled blue/grey camo pattern a try. The results aren't 100% but the minis at least have that 'schmitt factor now. The first photo below shows the pattern effect quite well but the flash really makes the colours look way too bright and harsh.


Remember to click on the photos to see a bigger version.





Another shot with the flash turned off shows the colours as you would see them on the table.


The next step is to get the decals on these things, which reminds me, I bought some of this:

I figure that trying to put very small decals onto a very small and curved surface is going to be tricky to say the least, anything that helps is going to be welcomed. I've never used this sort of stuff before so I think I might do some tests first.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Tim, just awesome. They look great.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete