Friday, May 29, 2009

Ixnay On The Ex-Hay

I got my game mat for Bag the Hun today. I decided against the hexes as I wanted to use the mat for other games. Bag the Hun should play alright without the hexes, it will just require a little more work using rulers and such rather than just counting hexes.

The mat itself is a huge 41 x 58 inches and I had to get it cut in half to make it fit in the laminating machine. It was a little dissapointing but it should make it a whole lot easier to store. The planes look good on the mat and don't "get lost" in all the detail.

Remember to click on the images to see a larger version.


A couple shots to show how big the two pieces are when joined up. The three BF109's are in the lower left corner of the mat.


I'm so happy with the results, it honestly turned out better than I could have hoped for. I think it should get quite a bit of attention tomorrow night when I lay it down on the table.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!! And certainly better without hexes on it.BTW thanks for joining my 1/600th-3mm Yahoo Group :). Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you possibly post some details on how you got/made this mmat - it's absolutely awesome.
    Regards
    Simon

    ReplyDelete