Sunday, September 27, 2009

Terrain - Hedges & Forests Part 4

Not quite sure how to progress with the hedges, the foliage/flock I've bought looks like it might be too chunky and I'm having a little trouble breaking it down.  I decided to put the hedges on hold while I mull it over, so I've turned my attention to the trees.  These should be simpler, so if I take the tree bases (the round ones), the trees themselves, the forest bases and shake it all up...



I end up with this:


A closeup of the base with 28mm Blacktree Wehrmacht miniatures for scale.





Ok so I didn't actually shake this together but they went together pretty easily.  Once the putty is dry I'll add sand and flock, same with the forest bases.  I'm pretty happy with how they're turning out.  I should only need 4-5 trees per forest base to look like a forest while leaving plenty of room for miniatures.  I'm also thinking of making up some bases with rocks and shrubs on them to make parts of the forest innacessible to infantry.

Hmmm... now back to those hedges...

No comments:

Post a Comment