Friday, August 27, 2010

Sshhh… more Star Wars Miniatures.

I noticed that my last few blog entries didn’t contain many, if any photos.  So I’ve decided to rectify that with a quick show and tell of another box of 99 cent Star Wars deals that arrived from eBay today.

YetMoreStarWarsMinis01

They’re pretty much you trooper/warrior mix and for the first time in a while I’m happy enough with their paintjobs.  Some of the Star Wars stuff honestly look like they’ve been painted by my cat, but these look like someone has actually taken care to colour in between the lines.

But I do have to say that I was little disappointed with the Ewoks, their axes are just too big.  And the Jawa’s are either too tall or too skinny (both?). 

YetMoreStarWarsMinis02

The real surprise of the batch were the Imperial Dignitaries.  The photo here don’t show the subtle shading on the gowns and the faces, but it’s there and it works.

YetMoreStarWarsMinis03

Normally I wouldn’t bid on miniatures like these dignitaries as they wouldn’t have a lot of value in a traditional wargame, but a pulp game is a different thing all together and interesting characters can create interesting scenarios.

2 comments:

  1. Great little group you have there! I'm been all over eBay the last couple of days...too many good deals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I know. I limit myself to 99c deals but even so it seems I'm getting a box full of these delivered every couple weeks. Although I'm not as bad as I was when I went through my HeroClix phase, I had packages arriving weekly for months on end.

    It drove my wife mad.

    ReplyDelete