Thursday, November 8, 2012

Look... Up in the Sky


It's a bird, it's a plane... no it's paratroopers, lots and lots of paratroopers...



I just placed my Xmas order with Zepnix Wargames.  Sadly these guys and a lot of support units and vehicles will be squirreled away until Xmas morning where I'll have to "pretend" to be excited when I unwrap them...

WW2 + Rick Priestley + Alessio Cavatore + Osprey = AWESOME!!!!

 
I also grabbed a copy of Bolt Action, which I wasn't too interested in until I found out it was written by Rick "Warmaster" Priestley and Alessio Cavatore.  The reviews I've read sounded promising so I thought I'd give it a go.  One of the best aspects of historical wargaming is that you can, for the most part, change your rules without invalidating any of your miniatures. 

I wasn't too pleased about how expensive the action dice were, about $18.00 a set, but hey it's only a once off pain in the wallet.  They do look great and drawing a die out of the bag to see whose unit activates is a very unique twist on the old staple activation cards concept.


It's going to be a hard task to knock Disposable Heroes off it's current throne but then again if anyone can do it I guess it's Mr Preistly and company.

So there'll be no photos or reviews of any of this stuff until some time in the new year, trust me folks no one is more dissapointed than I am :)

The fences have been stuck to their MDF bases and are currently drying beside my as I type this.  I'll get some photos up tomorrow night after I've had a chance to get the bases flocked and maybe a coat of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment