To start the fences I cut some 1.6mm balsa wood into 3cm strips of varying widths. I intentionally cut them at varying widths and didn't make too much of an effort to cut straight.
|Lots and lot of pailings.|
I want my fence sections to be roughly 15cm long, I will probably make some shorter 5cm ones at a later time to give a little flexability when laying out terrain.
The frames were glued and left overnight to dry, only this morning did I notice the glue I used was a fast drying one and I could have continued building these last night... oh well.
|15cm fence section frames.|
With the dry frames it was simply a case of run a bead of glue alling the horizontal frames and start placing the pailings. Again I wasn't too careful about how I placed the pailings and i think the angled ones and broken pailings add some character. I had thought about adding bullet holes to the fence but I want to use these for fantasy games. Maybe I'll make a section or two later with "modern damage".
|A fence, now to base and paint them.|
I'm going to pick some more balsa wood today to use as fence posts and then to base them on an mdf strip, add sand, flock and paint.