Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Terrain - Hedges & Forests Part 7

The last month or so I've been spending a lot of time in the backyard building this:




Yep that's a lot of sleepers.  Something else there is a lot of is sawdust.  Usually I'll cut the timber outside so it just blows away but with threatening rain recently I had to move the saw into the garage.  The amount of sawdust that comes out of a single sleeper is just amazing so needless to say the floor was covered in the stuff.  I had swept it all up and was about to put it in the bin when the wargamer inside me thought "hey I can use this to finish my hedges".



My orginal plans were to use the Woodland Scenics stuff to add foliage to the hedges, and the results look great but it's very time consuming and I really don't think I'll bother to finish them all like this.




At the end of the day these ones are going to look like sawdust covered foam no matter how I paint them... but at least this way I can see them getting done.  I've only flocked the three large hedges and two small ones seen here as I want to see the end result before I committ myself to going down this path.

More photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment